Game Day Nachos
March Madness! Every basketball fan's favorite time of year! While binging on hoops, its only right that you have some good game day eats to add to your good times. I took one of my favorites, Nachos and put a little spin on them by using hot Italian sausage to kick up the flavor!
White corn tortilla chips
1 Mexican chorizo sausage link, removed from casing and crumbled
1 hot Italian sausage link, removed from casing and crumbled
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 minced garlic glove
1 minced shallot
2 cups cooked black beans
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar
1 small red onion diced
3 jalapenos (stemmed and seeded)
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat oven until 450 degrees
2. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, garlic, shallot, and cumin until the sausage is browned. Remove and drain on paper towels.
3. Add the black beans, chili powder, salt and 1/4 cup of water to the skillet. Cook over medium heat until warmed through. Remove from heat.
4. On a large sheet tray, spread an even layer of tortilla chips. Top with a layer of beans, then sausage, then cheese, onions, and sliced jalapenos.
5. Bake until the cheese is melted, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from the oven.
6. In a small bowl, mix together sour cream and lime juice with a pinch of salt. Drizzle over the nachos and garnish with cilantro.